Summer is almost here in Minnesota. It’s time to enjoy the outdoors and entertain family and friends with grilling and parties. A new or remodeled deck can expand your living space to the outside with comfort, convenience and beauty. There are many decking options to make your outdoor living just right for your home. Here are some ideas:
- Enclose your deck with a roof for shade and a decorative addition.
- Get Creative - rail systems can be made from wood, metal and cable or as a combination of materials
- Add accents around your deck with: Lighting, built in seating, planters and more Feature metal accents as pole caps, accessories and other interesting creative ideas
- Build a store closet on your deck to hold and organize items for your deck
- Add Vinyl flooring for decks, a choice that is becoming more popular as an excellent alternative to wood
In addition to the top of the deck, you can add a water drainage system to allow you to comfortably use the space under a high deck. These systems divert water away from the deck to create a dry space below – now having double the outdoor living area.